Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound
  • Topic: Connecting a Revo to a Phoenix board

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 1, 2018 2:24 PM EDT
      • Cape Cod,

• Thanks

Connecting a Revo to a Phoenix board

I have my 38 ton shay apart, I have identified all the wires and now I am installing batteries and a Revolution board with a phoenix for sound. 

Can anyone direct me to a wiring schematic to connect the Revo and Phoenix? 

• August 1, 2018 3:11 PM EDT
      • Denton, Maryland

• Thanks

I think that the Phoenix manuals have wiring diagrams for the Revolutio.  Check online.  I’m on my phone so I can’t easilly check.  Worst case I can scan the diagram I have tonight...

Owner / Operator SilverFox Railroad

• August 6, 2018 10:09 AM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington

• Thanks

Which REVO?  Might be Plug N Play.

Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

• August 6, 2018 11:42 AM EDT
      • Cape Cod,

• Thanks

Thanks guys.    The Revo was a new one that I was connecting to the Phoenix and there was not a specific diagram to do so. 

Thanks for the links Win Joy. I was able to use one for my needs and between what I found on the Revo site and the Shay diagram I was able to get it all working. 

I made a diagram for future reference. 

The hardest part was squeezing all the bits into that small tender along with 2 batteries.  I actually could not mount the red Revo programming switch due to no space so I ran it out the floor and taped it to the underside out of site between the frame rails if I should ever need it.

I tested the Shay Sunday and all is good.  

Thanks to Don Sweet of RCS for the parts and several Emails of support.  

• August 7, 2018 7:34 AM EDT
      • Eastern Massachusetts

• Thanks

Todd, you never told us if the 'new' revo was the revo of old or the newer DCC unit.  The Phoenis will work on DCC quite well.

• August 7, 2018 8:34 AM EDT
      • Cape Cod,

• Thanks

Dan Pierce said:

Todd, you never told us if the 'new' revo was the revo of old or the newer DCC unit.  The Phoenis will work on DCC quite well.

I believe it is the Revo 2.4.  I don't know about DCC. I had to use the adapter board which gave me the screw terminals.   I was able to hook up the bell and whistle sounds so I could trigger them from the remote. I didn't pursue any other sounds like the blow down or brakes since those go off according to the voltage. 

• August 7, 2018 12:28 PM EDT
      • Carlsbad, CA

• Thanks

So, it is a later model Revo with sound, of course it would also help to know if it was pre "Precision RC" or current, though it won't make a lot of difference...

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google