Forums Modeling Modeling
  • Topic: Mine at Underhill

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 15, 2018 1:21 PM EDT
      • Your Host in Littleton, MA
         
      • Posts
        7,479
      • Thanks
        381
      • Thanked
        676

      Mine at Underhill

      There is a siding at Underhill, and one off of Dead Rooster Gulch, that just begged for a two-level structure. 

      Last year I built out a concrete block wall as the backing, and this weekend I started designing the building.  After a bit of CAD (Cardboard Aided Design), I came up with this.

       

       

      After I finalize the fit, I'll start cutting up PVC board.

      ____________________________________

      Bob, your Site Host and Benevolent Dictator.

    • April 15, 2018 2:05 PM EDT
      • Marysville, Kansas
         
      • Posts
        643
      • Thanks
        357
      • Thanked
        130

      That will be an impressive structure.

    • April 15, 2018 2:55 PM EDT
      • Pleasanton, CA
         
      • Posts
        307
      • Thanks
        150
      • Thanked
        97

      Does that structure fit where those 2 gondolas are in the first picture? Following along for sure.

    • April 15, 2018 3:24 PM EDT
      • Your Host in Littleton, MA
         
      • Posts
        7,479
      • Thanks
        381
      • Thanked
        676

      Jim Rowson said:

      Does that structure fit where those 2 gondolas are in the first picture? Following along for sure.

      Yes.  The top black hopper will be under the top part, and the brown gondola will be next to the lower part.

      ____________________________________

      Bob, your Site Host and Benevolent Dictator.

    • April 15, 2018 4:16 PM EDT
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut
         
      • Posts
        12,704
      • Thanks
        582
      • Thanked
        327

      That will look great in that spot.

      ____________________________________

      www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

    • April 15, 2018 5:34 PM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        6,807
      • Thanks
        111
      • Thanked
        426

      Bob McCown said:

      There is a siding at Underhill, and one off of Dead Rooster Gulch, that just begged for a two-level structure. 

      Last year I built out a concrete block wall as the backing, and this weekend I started designing the building.  After a bit of CAD (Cardboard Aided Design), I came up with this.

      After I finalize the fit, I'll start cutting up PVC board.

      Finally, CAD I can understand and actually work with...

      It sure looks like you lost your straight edge on that door.

       

      This post was edited by Bruce Chandler at April 15, 2018 5:35 PM EDT
      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • April 15, 2018 7:25 PM EDT
      • Your Host in Littleton, MA
         
      • Posts
        7,479
      • Thanks
        381
      • Thanked
        676

      Bruce D. Chandler said:
      Bob McCown said:

      There is a siding at Underhill, and one off of Dead Rooster Gulch, that just begged for a two-level structure. 

      Last year I built out a concrete block wall as the backing, and this weekend I started designing the building.  After a bit of CAD (Cardboard Aided Design), I came up with this.

      After I finalize the fit, I'll start cutting up PVC board.

      Finally, CAD I can understand and actually work with...

      It sure looks like you lost your straight edge on that door.

       

       

      Door looks fine to me

       

      ____________________________________

      Bob, your Site Host and Benevolent Dictator.

    • April 15, 2018 8:01 PM EDT
      • Post Count ,PA ,
         
      • Posts
        12,375
      • Thanks
        775
      • Thanked
        577

       

      Saved !!

    • April 15, 2018 8:08 PM EDT
      • Post Count ,PA ,
         
      • Posts
        12,375
      • Thanks
        775
      • Thanked
        577

      Bruce D. Chandler said: It sure looks like you lost your straight edge on that door.

      This is ExAcTlY why modeling by eye and not to scale works best! Never hurts to have a battery operated micrometer on hand as the mechanical ones are only to be accessed in time of war .

Forums Modeling Modeling

    Icon Legend

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google