Forums Modeling Reference
  • Topic: Narrow Gauge Ten Wheeler

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 27, 2018 9:48 AM EST
      • Richmond, VA

• Thanks

Narrow Gauge Ten Wheeler

This is my first post so I hope it is the correct place.  I am modeling ET&WNC Narrow Gauge.  Currently working on a Baldwin 4-6-0 from 1916. 

While doing research I found a book I wanted called "Blue Ridge Stemwinder: An Illustrated History of the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad and the Linville River Railway".  The sellers I found online must think it is a collector's item and want north of $200 for a copy.  I finally searched for the publisher and found that they still have copies for sale for $60 (http://overmtn.com).  Online ordering doesn't seem to work.  I ordered by phone.  It has lists, photos, and drawings of all of the rolling stock for the ET&WNC.  Great resource.

• February 27, 2018 10:20 AM EST
      • high desert California

• Thanks

Charles said:

This is my first post so I hope it is the correct place.  I am modeling ET&WNC Narrow Gauge.  Currently working on a Baldwin 4-6-0 from 1916. 

While doing research I found a book I wanted called "Blue Ridge Stemwinder: An Illustrated History of the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad and the Linville River Railway".  The sellers I found online must think it is a collector's item and want north of $200 for a copy.  I finally searched for the publisher and found that they still have copies for sale for $60 (http://overmtn.com).  Online ordering doesn't seem to work.  I ordered by phone.  It has lists, photos, and drawings of all of the rolling stock for the ET&WNC.  Great resource.

WELCOME  

• February 27, 2018 11:16 AM EST
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Welcome Charles, there is a ton of knowledge here too!

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• February 27, 2018 12:09 PM EST
      • Missouri

• Thanks

Hey there! Looking forward to seeing your project.

• February 28, 2018 9:17 AM EST
      • Right here 'X', Pa

• Thanks

Welcome aboard Charles. I'll be looking forward to your build and plenty of pics. We like to sit back with a bowl of popcorn and watch your progress.

• May 14, 2018 9:36 PM EDT
      • Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario, Canada

• Thanks

I wonder if Charles has put down the book he purchased, and looked at the models of that railroad's equipment, which Bachmann produced, and still has in their catalogue...

I think he has run off, and forgot that he posted here....

Fr.Fred

• May 14, 2018 10:03 PM EDT
      • Chicago, Illinois

• Thanks

Well if Charles ever does come back he may be interested in searching for "Along the ET&WNC" by Johnny Graybeal, a series of six volumes detailing everything anyone ever wanted to know about the ET&WNC. Volumes 1 and 2 deal with all of the locomotives, Volume 3 deals with the Depots, Volume 4 & 5 deals with all of the Freight Cars and Volume 6 deals with the Passenger cars. A fantastic resource for anyone really interested in the ET&WNC. There is also Mallory Hope Ferrell's Tweetsie Country.

Forums Modeling Reference

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google