Large Scale Central

2018 Challenge - Lou Luczu

For those of you holding your breath, here it is: Lou’s answer to the challenge:

Tessie Pasalaqua’s Grocery Store

When I was 3 or 4, my Grandma would walk across US 1to get to Tessie’s. I thought it was so big. It had 3 aisles with shelves or hangars on both sides. Grandma only bought what she needed and didn’t have on the farm, like one can of tomatoes. I don’t remember much, but my Aunt tells me there was a candy counter, so I must have asked for candy as a kid. Right?

To look at it today, it is a rundown building the size of a one car garage. I will try to get a picture this week.

So here’s the napkin drawing to get started. I mean I have plenty of time, right?

It’s bigger than I remember ours… did yours have musty odor too?

It’s the tiny building attached to the bigger building. I don’t remember the smell, it was over 65 years ago!

welcome to the challenge lou

Maybe it’s because Mom plopped me down next to the comics while she did a little shopping and a lot of gossiping! Oh yeah, it was only 63 years ago…

Hey once I change the fitting on my pinner, I’ll join you at the start!

OK, so I’m not going to make the deadline to be included in the judging SO

I invoke Rule #1. I am going to have fun. When it’s done, you will see it. Maybe by the Drag & Brag.

Lou Luczu said:

OK, so I’m not going to make the deadline to be included in the judging SO

I invoke Rule #1. I am going to have fun. When it’s done, you will see it. Maybe by the Drag & Brag.

How sad … 5 weeks and you are still planning on having fun! I couldn’t wait and I’m having a fun finish!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Don’t sweat it, Lou. I still haven’t finished my entry from 2 years ago. I look forward to seeing it finished whenever it gets done. Just have fun.