Large Scale Central

update newer astro 0-4-0

toke it apart and cut wires to motor put power to it, wont go, could small it buinring so motor is dead… there are 2 more printed cerket boards in engine that’s 3 boards total was surprised it head that many will get new motor somewhere

Ok.

And?

Where can he get a motor David? I gave him Navin’s number last month… motor was slowing then… but nobody else would reply… this appears to be an update.

Robert, if Navin does not come through, you can buy a motor block from RLD Hobbies or Reindeer pass, the components in the motor block are the same.

Also, call Robby at RLD and see if “rexxy baby” can come up with a motor… (he’ll know who you mean when you tell him I said this)

Greg

p.s. Rex, no disrespect man, I love you and my Northern!

Thanks Greg.

John Caughey said:

Where can he get a motor David? I gave him Navin’s number last month… motor was slowing then… but nobody else would reply… this appears to be an update.

Well, no where in his “post” was there the question on where to get a motor. It seamed to me to just be some rambling with a lot of spelling errors. That is why I asked “And?” I wanted to know if there was more to this post.

I don’t want to speculate on that, but he did mention getting a ‘new motor somewhere’ … that part we can help with.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

A moderator on another forum showed me a set of guidelines for posting once:

one of them was the “3 filters test” attributed to Socrates.

They are

1. Truth

2. Goodness (of the message)

3. Usefulness

So, (I like to add comedy to the 3)… so reading this post, what useful information could be given? Maybe he wanted the info even if he did not explicitly ask. So, let’s volunteer to help, what the heck.

Greg

It would be nice if there was a resource for cross referencing what motors are in a given make and model of locomotive. Its interesting that “the components in the motor block are the same” for the steam locomotive and B truck diesel block.

It would have been clearer, to me anyway, if the OP had actually asked a question, instead of assuming I knew where he was going with his post. When we post, we know what we are thinking, and what result we want from our postings. But the other members reading our posts, do not know what we are thinking. So we should try and make ourselves easily and clearly understood. Even with that in mind, I get responses to my posts, that show that I failed to get the main point of my post across.

With my dyslexia, my spelling is atrocious. So when I started participating on forums on a regular basis, I found and downloaded a spell check plug in for my browser. Without it, I have my doubts that most of Yunz would have a chance at understanding what I typed. And a simple proofread before hitting the post button would also help with clarity. When a post is a continuous stream of words with no punctuation and “odd” sentence structure it becomes tedious for the reader to decipher what the intent of the post is and can easily lead to confusion as to the intent and desired responses to the post since its not organized well.

Just my observations from various forums over the years. Its just my opinion. No offense intended to any persons, living, dead, or undead.