Large Scale Central

Fancy railroading

restoration of coach

Its good to be king.

Steve Featherkile said:

Its good to be king.

or queen.

Wow, what a beauty!

History fact, when Queenie was traveling, it caused chaos for the rest of the railroad. Even though the railroads mostly knew well ahead of time and rescheduled their Trains as best they could, sometimes the Queen would give very little notice she would be traveling. Trains then had to be stopped and held until the Royal Train passed. Then those trains had to often wait or proceed slowly because Queenie preferred the train travel no faster than 40mph, mostly at only at 30mph. The delays were epic, hours long. Imagine the roadway chaos if a US president traveled 300 miles at 30 mph, that was the side effects of Queenie’s movement between palaces. The railways did their best to minimize the disruption but it still had it’s effects.

Narrow Gauge Lover said:

restoration of coach

Where???

Ross Mansell said:

Narrow Gauge Lover said:

restoration of coach

Where???

Ross, ‘restoration of coach’ is a link! Click on it to open the story

Reminds me a bit of the private railroad cars of Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg, only more regal and less flashy. So, who’s up for a little model building?

Gregory Hile said:

Reminds me a bit of the private railroad cars of Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg, only more regal and less flashy. So, who’s up for a little model building?

Where did I put my gold leaf?

Thank you John… this being old is getting me down!!

You have to hand it to the Victorians…taste was not exactly their forte!! and Queen Victoria’s taste was pretty bad apparently…especially at her Scottish residence…Balmoral.

One of the Flashman series books details it (the author was a reporter for a newspaper up there in Scotland)… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Gregory Hile said:

Reminds me a bit of the private railroad cars of Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg, …

First railroad book my parents gave me, way back in early 70s, was their The Age of Steam which currently is on shelf across the room.

When posting a link, especially one with plain text, it’s helpful to bold and underline it to show it’s a link… I was wondering WHERE too!

Give that cameraman a new lens or lessons in shooting wide angle (or photoshop)…

Greg

Link; when it’s posted with other text you can see the color shift. On it’s own I see a blue tint.

edit: PS; I noticed when I quoted, it was underlined before I posted it. Try that when you can’t find it.

…I love the Victorian era!

Greg , John …we don’t care and you could always grab the pics from the link “edit” and embed them instead of disputing the link?

" Rooster " said:

…I love the Victorian era!

Greg , John …we don’t care and you could always grab the pics from the link “edit” and embed them instead of disputing the link?

What the heck are you squawking about now?