Large Scale Central

QSI Quantum Magnum for sale/trade

I have a QSI Magnum for sale, removed from my K-27. Tested on DC power. Ideally want to swap for a RC friendly system, such as a Phoenix. Send me an offer!

If you’re looking to run your K-27 with R/C, you can just connect this to an Airwire “Convertr” or Tam Valley Depot “DRS1 Hi-Power” receiver. On the K-27, you’d connect the battery to the input of the Convertr, then the output of the Convertr to the track power input on the K-27 board. (Or the battery input, really.) That would allow you to run the K-27 with an Airwire transmitter on battery power. (If you connect the Convertr output to the battery input, you can then use the “track/battery” selection switch to select between battery power and track power. The Magnum board runs on analog DC as well as DCC (provided it’s programmed to do so), so you could feasibly run your loco in all three environments with that arrangement.

Later,

K

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. I did not realise they did a ‘euro’ frequency version instead of the 900mhz version, interesting…

Tam Valley has the European frequencies. They have a transmitter that attaches to any DCC command station output. They also just introduced a new handheld transmitter. Having just written that and checking their site, they’re getting out of the deadrail side of things.

Later,

K