Large Scale Central

REVO II Overload Problem Solved.

Navin is a Superstar!

I sent the REVO II board in, and received it back, fixed, along with the new, 2008 version of the PC Board for the SD45, in less than 5 working days.

The new PC Board for the SD45 has fixed the problem that the Chinese built into the old, 2001 board in the lighting circuits (I think). Anyway, it’s just a swap of board for board, it took me less than 30 minutes to make the fix, pretty much plug ‘n’ play. The only soldering involved was to reattach the speaker. Even I can do that.

I took a bunch of pics as the work progressed, and as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my phone, I’ll post them.

Navin wanted me to check the voltage at the motors under full speed, no load, to make sure that the motors were OK. They were. In checking the motors, I managed to get one of the axles misaligned, and that took me several frustrating hours to figure out. My fault, not Aristo’s or Navin’s.

It’s been said that one of the complaints about the REVO II is that the bell only gives a few dings, before shutting off. That’s true, however, if that button that activates the bell is held down, the bell will keep ringing. Once the button is released, the bell stops ringing after just a few more dings. Now, if they’d get the horn sorted, so that it would sound once for each press of the button.

Steve.

Is that new SD45 pcb available separately?

They will be needed aftermarket to cure the problems that were evident with the SD45 a long time ago.

Both Greg and I were howled down by Mr Polk and his acolytes years ago for daring to suggest there was a problem with the SD45 loco pcb.

Once again we have been proven to be correct.

That’s great news Steve, Navin is one of the long-time good guys.

Whenever we finally get to meet face to face, remind me to tell you the famous “Mikado pickup” story… It’s along the lines that Tony alluded to.

Tony, Navin will provide you the info for the board mods if you want.

Greg

Tony Walsham said:

Steve.

Is that new SD45 pcb available separately?

They will be needed aftermarket to cure the problems that were evident with the SD45 a long time ago.

Both Greg and I were howled down by Mr Polk and his acolytes years ago for daring to suggest there was a problem with the SD45 loco pcb.

Once again we have been proven to be correct.

Tony, Navin bought the last shipment of those boards. I’m pretty sure that he has some left. How many is unknown.

According to Navin, the design for the board was correct, but the Chinese, being cheap bastards, being thrifty, found a cheaper less expensive way to produce them. Unfortunately, in doing so, they FUBARed the board. Louis wasn’t convinced until the first REVOs began to fry. They had to make a special trip to China to unf#%k it.