Forum Sponsors

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound
  • Topic: Calling All Air Wire Gurus

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 11, 2017 8:32 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Progress is always a good thing. Glad to read that things are moving in the right direction.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• September 11, 2017 8:52 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Maybe the lights are set to full or dim as opposed to full or off... Not real familiar with the G2 lighting options.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• September 11, 2017 10:06 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Hi Bob good to know the G2 is good the 10 volts you got, means nothing other then both lights are burnt out  when you hook up a good bulb it will go to 0 volts. until you turn it on  and don't forget you will get full battery voltage for you lights so if you use lgb lights use 15 volt or if you use led's use a resistor for 15 volts.                                                                                                                                                                                                  Now for the sound good to know it was the speaker was bad. for volume the toggle switch is not momentary you must hold it and it works slow. Did you try pushing 7 ? 7 should increases the sound faster then the toggle. 8 lowers sound. I myself do not put the toggle in. Keep us up dated.

Richard 

• September 12, 2017 9:03 AM EDT
      • Northridge, Ca

• Thanks

Richard Beverly said:

Hi Bob good to know the G2 is good the 10 volts you got, means nothing other then both lights are burnt out  when you hook up a good bulb it will go to 0 volts. until you turn it on  and don't forget you will get full battery voltage for you lights so if you use lgb lights use 15 volt or if you use led's use a resistor for 15 volts.                                                                                                                                                                                                  Now for the sound good to know it was the speaker was bad. for volume the toggle switch is not momentary you must hold it and it works slow. Did you try pushing 7 ? 7 should increases the sound faster then the toggle. 8 lowers sound. I myself do not put the toggle in. Keep us up dated.

Richard 

Would pushing 7 and 8 lower/raise the volume even if those buttons were programmed for other functions? 

• September 12, 2017 10:31 AM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

I don't believe the Phoenix programmer allows you to assign multiple functions to a single function key. If F7 and F8 are programmed for other sounds, you can use the programmer to assign volume up/down to another pair of function keys. (F17 and F18?)

Note that the G2 is separate from the Phoenix, so it may be possible to have lighting functions assigned to F7 and F8 on the G2, which would also trigger whatever is programmed to F7 and F8 on the Phoenix.

Later,

K

• September 12, 2017 1:17 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Kevin,
      Been awhile since I played with Phoenix but I think that it will allow multiple assignments on a function key and show that when displayed on a computer. It will of course not show if a function key is assigned in a Airwire decoder and also in a Phoenix sound board. I usually write down all the function key assignments on a small card and keep it in the loco.

Paul Burch

Sierra Cascade & Pacific RR

• September 12, 2017 8:21 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Bob "Would pushing 7 and 8 lower/raise the volume even if those buttons were programmed for other functions? "

when you say function do you mean something with the G2 or a different sound simple answer is no not necessarily why did you get coal loading? If you look at the P8 handbook page 8 it gives you the DCC Function Defaults that come from phoenix but can be changed. http://www.phoenixsound.com/pdf/P8_Handbook.pdf

Richard 

This post was edited by Richard Beverly at September 12, 2017 8:55 PM EDT
Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google