Large Scale Central

Posting Pictures

Can I get some help with a simple way to post pictures? I upload the photos to my profile in an album. I then edit the ones that show up sideways and think its all good. But when go to post the picture none of the editing has taken and the photo is still sideways. Pretty frustrating.

I also only get smallish icons of the pictures within the post that you have to click on in order for them to enlarge?? Not sure why…

Please tell how the “insert/edit” photo is supposed to work. It has a box to insert a source but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

I’m feel I’m pretty tech savvy but this whole picture thing has gotten me totally confused…

Thanks for any help or explanations…

Richard

Will this help??

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/20241/picture-posting-help-for-rick-marty

I use a free photo editor and only upload resized pics, ready to post. I reduce the # of pixels instead of compressing.

Your freight shed will fill up fast if upload full size pics.

John

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/12559/photo_id/112317)Ok…so the secret is having a Freight Shed? I don’t have one set up but experimented with someone else’s and the picture inserted just fine. I’ve been putting pics in my photo album in my profile. I then “add” photos from the button down below the post I’m writing or reply too. They don’t post the same as the Freight Shed method.

Richard

Thanks John…Yeah, I use Photoshop Elements 9 if I have a picture I took with my better digital camera. A larger file size that needs reducing. It’s a couple step process but it does work.

Richard

Richard Mynderup said:

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/12559/photo_id/112317)Ok…so the secret is having a Freight Shed? I don’t have one set up but experimented with someone else’s and the picture inserted just fine. I’ve been putting pics in my photo album in my profile. I then “add” photos from the button down below the post I’m writing or reply too. They don’t post the same as the Freight Shed method.

Richard

Yes, the secret is using your Freight Shed. You get a free 10MB space for photos, etc. The link above to the instructions will help.

The ‘Attach Photo’ link below the ‘post reply’ allows you to add photos from your computer directly. No need to put them in your profile album. They turn up as thumbnails for people to click on.

If you go to ‘Albums’ on the top menu, you will see a ‘My Albums’ link on the right, which allows you to view albums you created. I’ve never understood the relationship between Albums and Freight Sheds - the former seem to be unlimited. I can’t recall how to Create an album, but I have a bunch of them.

The trick, if you are planning to insert a photo instead of a thumbnail, is that you need to find the photo in your browser, right click on it and select “copy image location”. Then come back to the edit box where you are typing and want to photo to appear, click on the little square icon with the mountain in it, and paste the link you copied from the photo. A link like this h t tp://www.largescalecentral.com/public/album_photo/70/0d/02/20965_b65d.jpg?c=6a89 when pasted into the image box produces this (spaces added to my text above to make it invalid):

It doesn’t HAVE to be the freight shed. It can be another website or photo sharing site. I also use Flickr.