Large Scale Central

BNSF derailment near Sandpoint, ID.

Here is some great drone footage of the recent derailment near Sandpoint Idaho on May 1st I think.

Frac! Ya dumped me sand!

Cats are coming from miles around to turn that into a giant litter box.

Elk and deer are coming from miles around to eat the corn and posing a traffic hazard. (True news story)

Amazing that with all that wreckage the signal and that other pole on the right are still standing. Looks like trains will be delayed in that area for at least an hour or two.

John said :pole

Fortunately no one was hurt, but 2 lanes of HWY 95 have been shut down for the clean up. My son-in-law is an engineer for BNSF and that section of the system goes to White Fish, Montana from Spokane, Washington. That was a 100 car plus loaded grain train coming from the Midwest and heading to Pasco, Washington. I met a young man last night at an anniversary party for some friends that’s works for BNSF as a safety engineer who knows my son-in-law. He said the cause of the accident was a broken wheel on one of the lead grain cars. He also said that one lane of the track has been repaired and trains are moving along that stretch again, but it will take a little time to finish clearing all the damaged cars and repair both tracks like they were.

Just a little update.