Large Scale Central

I did NOT lay this track!

Let’s see if I remember how to post a youtube:

I don’t have to get down and sight the rail to tell that guy it isn’t straight…LOL

And even with all that rocking and rolling, them trains didn’t derail. Amazing.

I would not want to ride on those trolleys. What do you call getting sea sick on train tracks?

Years ago we rode the Conmacnoise and West Offaly Bog Train located in central Ireland a narrow gauge train that pulled peat from the bogs.

The sectional track was laid over dirt and it was moved around depending on where they were digging the peat. It was bumpy and bent but not as bad as what was in that video.

They also ran an educational tourist coach. We rocked and rolled through the bog and stopped to dig some peat with a special shovel just like the old boggers used to. It was all great fun.

Reason not to lock our track down, just let it float. Still in gauge from the video.

Dennis Cherry said:

Reason not to lock our track down, just let it float. Still in gauge from the video.

All of my track is “locked” down, but still seems pretty smooth…NOTHING like that!

Must be Aristocraft track…can you imagine what the switches must look like?

(Uh oh, I’ve done it now.)

My Aristocraft track aint that bad. The trolleys I used to ride into town would rock and roll, but not nearly that bad.

My track looks like that every spring until the frost is out of the ground. Then settles down and with a few places of ballast or removal I am up and running.

That looks worse than when my wife backed her car over my track that runs near the driveway. LOL!