Large Scale Central

Carved relief background....

This looks really interesting. Obviously it would work indoors only I suppose…does anyone know if dryway can stand up to freezing temperatures if it’s under a porch outside?

Also, it seems to me there might be a material that can be carved like drywall that would hold up outdoors? I don’t know.

Like I say, it seems really interesting and wouldn’t be that difficult to pull of. The painting would probably be more difficult than the carving.

edit: I just had a thought…is there an additive for drywall that would make it more or less weatherproof?

Interesting . . . . . . (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

It is taping mud for drywall and it will not hold up outdoors in the wet weather. Freezing temps under your porch, well as long as it is protected from the rain it may hold up but I would think that it could still absorb moisture and soften. A good coat of latex paint may slow that moisture absorption, you would just have to try it.

I wonder if similar “art” could be done using morter mix or stucco mix??

Rick

i do my mountains with similar stuff. it is not that easy, like it looks in the video.

you make a fine surface, and it flakes off; you make a thick surface and it cracks.

doing the same with portland is even more demanding.

if dry, it does not form well and does not stick to the base; if wet, it sags.

plus, one can’t re-moisten portland like this filler stuff for repairing and detailing.