Large Scale Central

A BIG THANKYOU FOR DAVE

although i did not participate (still working on my 2011 challenge build), this years challenge gave me pleasure.

lots of fine buildings to see, some things i could learn - the forum at its best!

thank you for that, Dave!

between crimping all the tin, paying for the postage and lots of computer-hours for organization, your contribution for our fun was a great one!

I agree Dave the Tin Man Taylor is Terrific.

There are so many of us that enjoy entering or watching the excitement of Mik’s Build Challenge. It is something that we look forward to it every year. I know that I have really stretched my modelling skills by entering the challenge and I always learn from and marvel at what other guys are doing.

Soooo Dave let me be the first to ask, any thoughts for next years challenge?

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Thanks sooooo much Dave!

Dave you are THE man. Not just the Tin Man. I greatly appreciate your dedication to this fun event. Prior to the beginning of this years challenge, I had sat it the shadows and watched and learned from the some of the best. This year I decided to participate and I hope to use it as a spring board to get started on the actual layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dave,

As always thanks. So much fun. So what’s up your sleeve for next year (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)?

Thanks Dave, another Great Challenge.

See ya next year.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

John

Yes, a big thanks to Dave. Lots of great models to look at. And though you donated all that corrugated siding it’s almost as if the contest was really “Miks sticks” - sure seemed to be lots of stick buildings this year. Congratulations to all.

Dan Hilyer said:

I greatly appreciate your dedication to this fun event. Prior to the beginning of this years challenge, I had sat it the shadows and watched and learned from the some of the best. This year I decided to participate and I hope to use it as a spring board to get started on the actual layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

This is what it’s all about !

“Thank You” Dave for everything you put into this to keep it going! I can assure you Mik found a silver dollar under the couch cushions with this years challenge and hoping it will continue next year with you at the helm!

I’ll add my thanks as well. Happily this year’s theme fit with something I wanted to build this winter. Without the Challenge it would probably still be just a pencil sketch. Thanks for being the spark that lit my fire to get it built.

Daktah John said:

I’ll add my thanks as well. Happily this year’s theme fit with something I wanted to build this winter. Without the Challenge it would probably still be just a pencil sketch. Thanks for being the spark that lit my fire to get it built.

John, all 3 of the builds I have done took something from my “someday” list and made then into reality. I hope that trend continues.

I think if one really puts a creative spin on it. Every challenge could be stretched to fit a bucket list build. You have to want it bad enough lol. But of course if your like me your bucket looks more like a grain silo sobits easy to reach in and find something. I think David and I are cut from the same cloth on this one. When you want to build everything you have ever seen then it is easy to find something to build.

Devon, I want to build my towns and some industry. I also want to build a whimsical train. So yea, my list is long enough that I have been able to pick something from my list to build.