Large Scale Central

MIK 2015 Rookie List

Here is the list thus far. If I am missing someone let me know.

Eric Shade

Bob Cope

Matt Kirichok

Mark Demyan

Dave Maynard

Dan Stuettgen

Johnathan J

Todd Brody

** Devon Sinsley

Let me know if I missed anyone.

** I have added my name to the list. I am a rookie but if I have to judge I will not compete. But if this is turned out to all competitors to vote on then I am throwing my name in the hat. I want a shot at Dennis’ building :slight_smile:

Devon
Aren’t you one?

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Devon
Aren’t you one?

Being that it is my category and it looks as if I will be judging it I figured I had to disqualify myself.

Now if the veterans do step up and judge then I could through my name in the hat. . . Hint Hint

Devon, yes, as a judge you have to be disqualified from that category. I had the discussion with the person in charge of a model contest years ago. I could not judge a certain category because I had a model in that category. But Devon, you are already a winner, since you are here. :slight_smile:

David Maynard said:

Devon, yes, as a judge you have to be disqualified from that category. I had the discussion with the person in charge of a model contest years ago. I could not judge a certain category because I had a model in that category. But Devon, you are already a winner, since you are here. :slight_smile:

besides if I won I am not sure what I would turn for myself

It’s absolutely fantastic to see so many first time challengers this year. It reflects well on every one of you who enters, and also on Dave’s determined efforts to promote Mik’s cxhallenge among all of us. You can bet that some of you guys will actually win in one category or another. Not that it really matters; you’re already all winners; everybody agrees on that. It’s not just a saccharine sentiment either! As a newbie, I actually won a prize myself a couple of years back, but I already felt like a winner just for participating anyway. Actually being chosen for a prize by the guys here was a touching, and, believe it or not, a humbling experience. I thought there were others who actually deserved it more than I.
So, as I say, they’re all winners, expecially when the build turns out like you wanted!

Good luck to all with your builds!

John,

This post was pretty dead for awhile until you moved it to the top. Well it caused me to look at the list of newbies and I have to tell you the bar is set high from some of these guys. This is great fun and you are correct in that we are all winners newcomers and old timers alike in that we get to have fun sharing this with each other.

Just throwing rookie list back at the top