Large Scale Central

IE11

if you havent upgraded to IE11 yet, DONT. There is some problem with a handful of users so far that dont allow them to post in the forums. Looking into what the issue is.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, now you tell me… No wonder it didn’t anything…

this is done thru AOL

Thank you for your help, Bob.
Can I go back to IE10?

You mean it’s not Rooster’s fault?

Yea, I was trying to figure out why Lou couldnt post, and Joe Paonessa emailed me that HE just upgraded to IE11 too, and had the same problem. A bit if googling and I found that IE11 has issues with the fancy editor that we use here (and on other sites, too, its a relatively large problem). Trying to figure out the workaround, but right now the only thing I can suggest is to grab Firefox or Chrome.

Bob, I don’t know if this means anything, but if I go to the “Quick Reply” box and right click to “Source”, one of the lines reads:
content=“IE=7”

Just another example of Microsoft improving things to the point that they are no longer usable.

At job #2 a bunch of us got new machines with Windows 8 and a few older machines were upgraded. I’m not in love with 8, but I can use it and pretty much ignore the Start screen. Boss upgraded his older (2011) laptop to 8.1 and it keeps crashing and rebooting 3-4 times a day. HP says they don’t support 8 on his model. Microsoft says it’s a hardware problem. Boss ordering a new machine.

Those of you with IE11 problems, can you hit the font formatting buttons, and then does the edit box work?

OMGram …I’m not loading IE11 just to find out

Found the fix!

Someone was having trouble with e**y of all things and found this fix which apparently you have to do for each site you are having problems with. Please excuse bad grammar.

"You just have to go to Compatability View settings in the Tools menu, and add ebay.co.uk (or ebay.com etc) to Compatability View! "

Good find, Lou. Thanks

Why is it that Microsoft thinks that websites should be compatible with them, rather than the other way around? Sounds like a giant pain in the behind just to use their browser.

Hey that worked!!! Iiiimmmm bbaaaccckkkk!

Lou Luczu said:

Found the fix!

Someone was having trouble with e**y of all things and found this fix which apparently you have to do for each site you are having problems with. Please excuse bad grammar.

"You just have to go to Compatability View settings in the Tools menu, and add ebay.co.uk (or ebay.com etc) to Compatability View! "

Okay… I’m a computer idiot, so does this correct the problem with posting replys in LSC??? And, if so can someone give a step-by-step procedure on how to fix it???

Up in the top right corner of the new browser are three icons, just below the red X.
The one on the right is a link to tools. Left click it and select the compatability view settings. a box will appear and you add the link for this site. It came up automatically and I just selected add. That was it!

Thank you, Joe… got it… :slight_smile:

This is one of the reasons I dont jump and hit the upgrade bottons for stuff, if it works dont mess with it is my motto…

I did upgrade to IE11 yesterday. However, I rarely use IE as a broswer, only for anything Microsoft. My preferred browsers are Opera and Firefox.

Anyway the info posted here is most welcome, thanks.

Last decent was IE6. I’m stuck with IE8.
I have it set never to update.

I have Gates 8 on my new laptop. Highly concentrated POS.
I use Start8, even a MS Senior Program Engineer thought I had XP on it when he saw it.
No tiles, charms, hot spots, normal desktop, control panel…and a green XP start button.

Why do you think Balmer retired?

Whats IE?

Internet Explorer