Large Scale Central

New storage area

well terminal B for mainly storage is now started. It should free up some of the run through tracks in Golding.

Now I just need to pour the approach roadbed

Nice area Marty

Marty, looking good… Glad to see your weather is cooperating…

Looks great. That will give you alot of space for storage.

Next you have to do the same for your ride on.

Nice!

A stub end classification yard, you could spend a day sorting cars there. Looks good.

This looks great Marty. It reminds me of one I had before I moved. How will you access the trains inside? I will be building a new one, and am interested in how others do it.

Paul

Nice! I see you are still a believer in concrete. Are you still mixing by hand or did you get a mixer?

This will be an on going thread so many answers will come.

Jon

Here I had a truck come in with 4 yrds over a long lunch brake and 3 sons helping. The small approach will be hand mixed for such a small amount. I did buy a mixer for the 1" scale roadbed.

That will be another excellant addition to your setup there. Very nice indeed

For those of you, my friends,,, who over plan and think for months on stuff. I simply winged it.
I knew about how big and what I wanted to do here. But until tonight I had NO idea which switch would go where.
A keep all curves min 10' rad,
B Be able to walk through without ,JUMPING OVER.

that was it.
after moving switches around 4 or 5 times and not even using the wye switch which I thought I would start with.
here it is,

I needed on line to house Rex's passenger train.,,maybe???

I will sleep on it tonight beings there is not enough time to install it all before dark.

That switch layout seems to flow very nicely… :slight_smile:

Ha ha, I just showed the wife your picture. I told her that is about the size I plan to build this summer. I think she just about fainted!! Mine will be considerable less.

Jake

believe me, its never big enough.

I have looked for a place for a long one to combine these, But no level place long enough.

6ft wide is about as wide as you can go reaching in from each side. I wish it was table heigth but thats life.

Longer the better because its less switches to buy.

1" of rain Weds, now 34 degrees and windy thrusday, bummer. I am working on the frames in the shop.

cost 4yds concrete $96 per yd and $30 small order and I am 4 miles away.(close)

Track alum on sale from different dealers, 6 cases. 6ft long. concrete crack filler as glue under ties. 1/8" space between all rail joints.

Enjoyment , priceless…

The snow didnt swing down your way?

I got 18" here in the Black Hills. It must have stayed north.

Thankfully here we just got flurries. Sat 50’s so I plan to get moving on the structure.

I don’t like this posting, if I put the photo in first I can’t get room to type the text.